My goal is to soak up every last bit of the summer season with fresh-tasting, handcrafted cocktail recipes. All of this beautiful fruit is in season so why not? I was privileged and honored to be selected for Recipe 21‘s Summer Ambassador program. They sent me a bottle of silver tequila, white rum, and coconut rum to create some fun recipes. The first one I created was the Berry Cherry Cocktail recipe.
I featured this first recipe over on my travel blog Instagram a week ago when it was National Tequila Day! I love silver tequila and fresh berries so this recipe was a no brainer. The best part is that I used a skinny simple syrup so I didn’t have to feel guilty about sugar and extra calories as well. Remember it is important to pick a good quality tequila like Recipe 21’s silver tequila because it makes the drink smooth.
The biggest tip that I can give to you when you are making any kind of tequila drink is to juice your own limes. Lime juice out of the bottle or concentrate does not do it justice. I actually used to turn my nose up at margaritas for a bit because I thought it was supposed to be used with a mix. Fresh lime juice has definitely made me a forever tequila fan. Personally I don’t like the hand juicers for something like this. I prefer a small juicer like this one.
Berry Cherry Summer Sipper
- 2 whole Limes
- 1 oz Recipe 21 Silver Tequila
- 1 oz Simple Syrup Skinny if you are cutting calories
- 4 pitted Sour Cherries
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1-2 oz Club Soda
- 1-2 cups Ice Cubes
- 2 leaves Fresh Mint For Garnish
- Place Cherries and Blueberries in the bottom of service glass and muddle.
- Top muddled fruit with Ice.
- Squeeze Limes and Add Juice to Shaker with Ice.
- Add Simple Syrup and Tequila to Shaker container.
- Shake for 10-20 seconds.
- Pour over the top of the berries with ice.
- Top off glass with club soda.
- Add a straw and fruit with mint leaves for garnish and Enjoy!
I hope you give this Berry Cherry Cocktail recipe a try. Let me know below what your favorite summer cocktails are and your favorite type of liquor.
Don’t have a bar kit? This is a great starter kit for under $25!
Don’t forget to subscribe for more recipes!