Happy Holidays Everyone! This week I am kicking off with a post every day for my 5 days of Holiday Treats. Today we are going to be making my easy Oreo Truffles Recipe. This recipe is so simple and can be done with the family. Be warned though, they go fast!
- Food Processor: You could always bang up the oreos a gallon size bagging and a rolling pin but the food processor makes it so easy!
- Cookie Scoop: I personally like have my cookies and baked good symetrical so a good scoop will always help with this.
- Glass Mixing Bowls: These are great because you can either double boil or microwave melt your chocolate in them.
- Rubber Spatulas: These are the kitchen VIPS, especially when it comes to this easy oreo truffles recipe. Make sure you get all that oreo goodness and chocolate out of each bowl. It makes clean up way nicer too!
Easy Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Oreos or Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 block Cream Cheese (Full fat, 8 oz)
- 1 package Melting White Cholate (Wilton
- .25 cup Sprinkles for Decoration
- Mash up oreos in Food Processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin until fine
- Add in cream cheese and mix until thoroughly combined
- Scoop mixture onto a tray lined with wax paper
- Roll the scoops into balls and freeze for 30 minutes
- Melt white chocolate in microwave at 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 45 seconds or over a double boil
- Dip frozen truffles into the white chocolate and top with sprinkles
One of the things that I love to do with these truffles is change up the Oreo Flavors. I really like using the vanilla or vanilla birthday oreos in this recipe too. The Mint Oreos are a real winner too. I’ve also used the store brand chocolate sandwich cookies. They come out well either way.
This easy Oreo truffles recipe taste like they take a lot of time and they don’t. They are sweet and decadent. The truffles are so good that you may want to leave some out for Santa!
Want another holiday treat? Try Apple Dumplings!