I get a weekly crop share from my local farm stand. There is this great 26 week program where you get a huge share of fruits and vegetables that are in season for that week. This week I had broccoli in my share again so I decided to make a quick salad with it. I wanted to make something that was filling but on the lighter side as well. This is how my healthy broccoli ranch salad came to be!
This recipe doesn’t require any crazy tools. As long as you have some bowls and a baking sheet, you can make this dish. The only thing I really recommend is the Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packets. Their flavor is just my favorite.My healthy broccoli ranch salad is in essence a baked potato using broccoli instead of the potato. I would think that you could even make this a hot dish with making the sauce into a warm sauce to drizzle over it.
Broccoli Bacon Ranch Salad
- 6 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 tsp Dried Dill
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup Purple Cabbage
- 5 slices Bacon, Chopped
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
- Coat Broccoli in Olive Oil and toss with 1/2 packet of the ranch and salt/pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes, tossing broccoli around halfway through
- Allow to cool thoroughly
- Mix yogurt with dill and other 1/2 of ranch packet and milk
- Mix the yogurt, carrots, red cabbage, bacon and cheese in a bowl with cooled broccoli
- Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want more dressing, you can make more.
So do you think you would give this health broccoli ranch salad a try? If this isn’t your style, I highly recommend trying my Spicy Chicken Sandwich recipe!
Don’t forget to subscribe! There are going to be holiday favorites coming very soon!