Happy Holidays Everyone! We are back with Day 3 of my 5 days of Holiday Treats. Today we are going to be making my favorite Christmas Cookie recipe. This Ginger Molasses Cookie recipe is going to become a staple in your house. I can guarantee it. Anyone that I have encountered who has tried this has added into their Christmas cookie routine. The spices in this cookie embody the holiday spirit.
Ginger Molasses Cookie Recipe Recommended Tools
- Cookie Scoop: I personally like to have my cookies and baked goods symmetrical so a good scoop will always help with this.
- Glass Mixing Bowls: A good deep mixing bow is key especially if you don’t have a big stand mixer.
- Rubber Spatulas: I’m absolutely obsessed with these. I may or may not have 8 of them in my kitchen. Make sure you get all that cookie goodness out of the bowl. It makes clean up way nicer too!
Ginger Molasses Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Additional White Sugar for Rolling
- Cream together crisco and white sugar. Then mix in egg after.
- Mix in the Molasses
- Mix in the dry ingredients
- Use the cookie scoop to portion cookies and roll into 1 inch balls
- Roll cookie dough balls in white sugar and place on a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes
This recipe was given to my mom by an old friend. I grew up making this recipe with my brother and mother during the holidays. These cookies are so good that my godfather would always request them for his birthday in February. My brother and I were always okay with having these cookies again any time of year.
If you can, try to save a couple of these for yourself while you are baking. Try to enjoy them a few minutes after they come out from the oven. When they are warm and fresh, it will push you over the edge!
Let me know if you give this Ginger Molsasses Cookie Recipe a try!
Pair these with the oreo truffles from this week too!