Hello everyone! It has been a while and I apologize for the delay. I spent the holidays with my family and created a very aggressive 90 action plan for my hotel business that needed my main focus in January. Over the last six weeks, I have been working with a nutritionist to help with my PCOS. I have been creating unique recipes to curve my sweet tooth cravings. This Healthy Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream recipe might be my favorite!
- High Power Blender: You really need a good high power blender. That is how you achieve the consistency that you see pictured for this healthy chocolate vegan ice cream recipe. I use the one from Pampered Chef. I’m in love with it!
- Rubber Spatulas: These are the kitchen VIPS, especially when it comes to this easy oreo truffles recipe. Make sure you get all that oreo goodness and chocolate out of each bowl. It makes clean up way nicer too!
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 4 large Frozen Bananas
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Non Dairy Milk
- Slice up bananas and add to blender.
- Blend just the bananas until the are almost completely mixed through.
- Add in additional ingredients as you blend. Feel free to add more cocoa powder, PB, and maple syrup to adjust to your taste.
- Once blended together, scoop into bowls and top with your favorites!
My family is obsessed with this recipe. I’ve had to double up on my banana orders so I have enough to freeze. Make sure you freeze the bananas when they are very ripe with a lot of brown spots. This increases their sweetness.
One of the biggest warnings that I have to give in this recipe is to try not to overdo it on the liquid. The minimal liquid is what gives this a true soft-serve consistency. It will turn into a milkshake which is completely okay too. This recipe is great because you can customize it based on consistency and sweetness!
Want another health recipe? Check out my Broccoli Salad!