I got candy, I got a pack of gum, I got a popcorn ball, and I got a rock! There will be no rocks in this post Charlie Brown. My daughter loves watching “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.” The whole first phrase of this post has been uttered in my house more times than I can count. I remember growing up and my Mom taking my brother and I trick or treating. We lived out in the country so my Mom had to drive us to houses. There were certain houses we always made sure to hit every year. One lady would give us an entire bag of candy each, another would give us a soda, a pack of cookies, and a king-size candy bar. Then this one little old lady would give out homemade easy marshmallow popcorn balls.
This year Halloween looks very different for most families. There are stricter guidelines or no trick or treating at all. I wanted to share this recipe today so that you could maybe start a new tradition with your family. The recipe is easy and doesn’t take a lot of time.
My Favorite Products
- Rubber Spatulas: I easily have 6 in my kitchen at all times. They are so versatile.
- Pampered Chef Popcorn Popper: I literally use this weekly. It is nice to not have to pull out a machine for air popped popcorn. This literally takes 2 minutes and collapses to fit in a drawer.
- Pampered Chef Mixing Bowls: My mother had these while I was growing up and I loved them. They have measurements in side and come with lids. I’m seriously obsessed!
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- Frying Pan
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- 16 cups Air Popped Popcorn
- 1 10 oz Bag of Mini Marshmallows
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Sprinkles
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- On a Medium Low Heat, Melt butter and Marshmallows.
- Once mostly melted stir in vanilla.
- Place all of the popcorn into a mixing bowl.
- Pour over fully melted mixture over the popcorn and stiry to combine.
- Once mostly mixed, add in salt and sprinkles and mix more.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes so it is easier to deal with and less hot.
- Spray hands with cooking spray so the mixture doesn't stick as much.
- Grab and handful and start pressing and shaping your popcorn balls.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy these easy marshmallow popcorn balls. They are simple and a nice twist to the rice crispy treat. You can get creative by changing up the add ins with candy and nuts if you’d like.
Have you tried my apple dumplings yet? Click here!