Happy Holidays Everyone! We are back with Day 4 of my 5 days of Holiday Treats. Can you really say it is the holidays without a Sugar Cookie Cut Out recipe? I feel like these are a staple during the holidays. There is just something magical about a beautiful, softly decorated cookie snowflake. These are the type of cookies where you can go from no sprinkles to half the container if you have little helpers in the kitchen.
Recommended Sugar Cookie Cut Out Recipe Tools
- Holiday Cookie Cutters: You have to have festive cookie cutters for a sugar cookie cut out recipe!
- Glass Mixing Bowls: A good deep mixing bow is key especially if you don’t have a big stand mixer.
- Rubber Spatulas: I’m absolutely obsessed with these. I may or may not have 8 of them in my kitchen. Make sure you get all that cookie goodness out of the bowl. It makes clean up way nicer too!
Sugar Cookie Cut Out Recipe
- 2/3 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flours
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Cream together Crisco and Sugar
- Beat In Egg and Milk
- Sift in flour and baking powder.
- Roll onto a floured surface about 1/4 inch think
- Cut with your favorite cookie cutters and Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.
This recipe came out of a Better Homes and Garden cookbook. My mom changed it up a little with the Crisco when I was a child. I grew up decorating these cookies with my brother and mother during the holidays. My favorite kind of sprinkles for these cookies is the jimmy sprinkle because they are nice and soft.
If you can, try to save a couple of these for yourself while you are baking. Try to enjoy them a few minutes after they come out from the oven. When they are warm and fresh, it will push you over the edge!
Have you tried the ginger molasses cookies yet?