Move over Chik Fil A, Popeye’s, and Wendy’s! There is a new sheriff in town. I absolutely love a good spicy chicken sandwich. This sandwich has better ingredients and is more substantial than any fast food option that you would get. These sandwiches pair perfectly with family or the big game. Let’s dive into how to make the best Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Sandwich!
What You Will Need
- An Airfyer. Preferably one that has shelves versus a bucket if you are going to make the full recipe. This way you won’t have to cook in waves. I personally have the Pampered Chef Deluxe Air Fryer. You can host an online party with my friend Sarah if you want to get it for 50-60% off!
- Aluminum Foil. This helps with the mess. My husband hates sticky dishes so I try to do my part in making them less messy.
- Frank’s Seasoning. This is a staple to this recipe. Frank’s is the best hot sauce and their seasonings are amazing!
Keep in mind that you will be able to make this sandwich as spicy as you’d like by altering the amount of seasoning. I was able to add spicy into all the layers of the sandwich. All these flavors coming together is why this is the best air fryer spicy chicken sandwich!
The Best Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- 6 Buns Brioche Buns
- 6 pieces Chicken Breasts (3 cut in half)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Panko Crumbs
- 6 tsp Frank's Red Hot Seasoning
- 2 tsp Black Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 6 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Creamy Buffalo Sauce
- Cut 3 Chicken Breasts in Half
- Mix together Mayo and Sriracha in a bowl
- Mix together Panko, Frank's Seasoning, and Black Pepper in different bowl
- Heavily coat chicken in mayo mix
- Dredge in the panko mix
- Add onto Air Fryer sheets and cook for 18-20 minutes at 400, until fully cooked
- Mix together melted butter and creamy buffalo sauce while chicken cooks
- Once cooked, place onto a baking sheet and brush with creamy buffalo sauce
- Place a slice of cheese on each chicken
- Put the Chicken under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted
- Lightly toast the brioche buns with a little oil in a pan on high heat on the stove
- Assemble sandwiches with your favorite toppings (lettuce, onions, tomato, pickles) and apply a small amount of mayo on the bun.
This Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Sandwich is absolutely to die for. You will never want a fast food chicken sandwich again. If you have leftover chicken, it would go great in a salad or pasta dish as well.
Please enjoy and let me know what you think!
Have you tried my apple dumplings yet?